The Schirm Project

This blog will discuss my journey with the Peace Corps in teaching English in Turkmenistan as well as my development an annual sports camp for youth. The views that are depicted here are soley mine and do not reflect the views of the Peace Corps or its staff.

Name:
Location: Denver, CO, United States

I'm a fiancee soon to be husband, an RPCV from Turkmenistan and a former Public Affairs professional. I started the Foreign Service process in March 2010 and am currently on the registry for the Public Diplomacy tract. I am happy to help any and all people that have questions about my experiences.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Headed to Thailand

Hi everyone,

I am headed to Thailand for the week. I wish that I could say the trip was solely for vacation, but the way it worked out is that I have what the doctors are calling a subchondrial scilosis in my neck. Basically I have two vertebrate that are pinching together and it is on certain ocassions throughout the day making my left arm go numb.

I wish that I could say exactly what it was that caused it, but I can't. It's been hapenning for over a month now and is very uncomfortable. SO, I am headed to Bangkok to get an MRI done on my neck. I will be flying out in a couple of hours from now in Turkmenistan, and I will be there for a week.

If you would like to know the number and name of the place that I am staying before and after my appointments just email me or you can leave a comment on this page. I plan on checking my email pretty regularly while I am there.

Safe travels and I will let you know what happens as soon as I know.

Thanks for all of your support.