The Schirm Project

This blog will discuss my journey with the Peace Corps in teaching English in Turkmenistan as well as my development an annual sports camp for youth. The views that are depicted here are soley mine and do not reflect the views of the Peace Corps or its staff.

Name:
Location: Denver, CO, United States

I'm a fiancee soon to be husband, an RPCV from Turkmenistan and a former Public Affairs professional. I started the Foreign Service process in March 2010 and am currently on the registry for the Public Diplomacy tract. I am happy to help any and all people that have questions about my experiences.

Monday, December 05, 2005

Chris N' The Guys




Photo of Chris; his host brother, Hoshgeldi, 45; neighbor, Noralgdi, 14; and Yhlas, 12. Chris taught Yhlas and other neighborhood kids in Gokche how to play baseball. Yhlas was his favorite, as he would hit the ball pretty well but continue running around the bases regardless of whether he was tagged or not. I can see it now!

Erin